Get ready for a brand new CicLAvia route! On Sunday, August 13, San Pedro and Wilmington will host the country’s largest open streets event from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.! Streets will be closed to cars and open for cyclists, pedestrians, runners and skaters to use as a recreational space.
Planning a feeder ride or walk and want to add it to our site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
New to CicLAvia? Here are some things you need to know for August 13:
- CicLAvia is FREE!
- CicLAvia lasts from 9 AM until 4 PM
- CicLAvia closes streets to car traffic and opens them for people to walk, skate, bike, play, and explore parts of Los Angeles.
- CicLAvia is not a race! There’s no starting point or finish line – begin where you like and enjoy the day your way.
- CicLAvia traffic flows in two directions, just like regular traffic. Check out some more safety tips.
Questions or Concerns
General event information: please contact CicLAvia at 213.355.8500 or email@example.com
For concerns regarding the Los Angeles street closure permit, contact LA Bureau of Street Services, Investigation and Enforcement Division, Special Events at 213.847.6000 or contact LA City Council District 15 at 310.732.4515
Activities Along the Route
We’ll be kicking off the 22nd CicLAvia at 8:30 am at the Port of LA Hub at 8:30 am near the intersection of 5th and Harbor Blvd.
Remember to pick up an activities flyer at any hub on Sunday, August 13th for a hard copy map & list of activities!
Click on a hub location below to see the activities taking place there on Sunday, August 13th:
All Hubs will have restrooms, free water, free basic bike repair, bike parking, and first aid.
Catch a free pedicab ride—brought to you by AARP—to experience the adventure of CicLAvia in a whole new way! Pedicab stops are available at each info booth – just look for the sign!
- Visit the LA 2028 booth to sign up for their Volunteer Service Program or snap a selfie with an Olympic backdrop!
- Visit the LA Ranger Troca, a food truck turned mobile visitor center for the Santa Monica Mountains. Learn more about the National Parks Services programs, then scale their 25 foot rock wall.
- Capture a snapshot of your day at the Las Fotos Project photo booth
- Check out the latest in folding bikes from Tern Bicycles.
- Does your child need a helmet? Stop by the California Highway Patrol booth and get fitted for a free kids helmet (while supplies last).
- Eat at some of LA’s best food trucks and relax in the park!
Near the hub: I Heart Wilmington is hosting the SBCC Thrive LA Open House at 540 N. Marine Ave., just off the route! Stop by for family fun activities, food, local handmade goods and more!
- Bringing your baby? Stop by the First 5 LA baby changing and breast feeding station!
- Stop by the Metro Bike Share booth to play corn hole, score free prizes and sign up for your first month free! The Metro Bike Share team will be there to help you check out and dock your Metro bike at the Waterfront Park (East) bike share station
- Try out the Metro bus bike rack and learn how to bring your bicycle on the bus
- Cool off at the splash pad and enjoy lunch from a variety of food trucks parked at the beautiful Wilmington Waterfront Park!
Near the hub: Port of LA rest stop – The halfway point between Wilmington and San Pedro, the Port of Los Angeles rest stop is the perfect place to stop and take a break! There will be music, food trucks, games and a rest area. You can also learn more about America’s Port by visiting their mobile education exhibit – do you know how many bikes came through the Port of LA last year? Find out here!
- Join The Skateside and learn basic skateboarding skills on Keen ramps!
- REI Burbank will be hosting a Full Service Pop-Up Bike Shop and Shaded Outdoor Lounge with a Fun Slack-Lining activity.
- Plug into the phone charging station at the LADWP Solar Trailer and let the sun re-power your phone.
- Stop by the SoCalGas Energy Zone & take a picture in front of a CNG Truck #cleanairnow. Charge your phone while pedaling a bike, enjoy kid friendly activities, and enter to win a bike
- Leave your mark on a community art bike by CicLAvia x Pure Cycles.
- Sign up for a free Los Angeles Public Library card and keep an eye out for the roaming Book Bike. Free books will be given to people with library cards.
- Stop by the complete the Safe Moves kids bike rodeo and get a free helmet for your child (while supplies last).
Near the Hub: The San Pedro Property Owners’ Alliance presents San Pedro Chill at 5th and Mesa! Enjoy a shaded rest area with a hydration station, misting tent, face painting, an ice cream truck, strolling jazz musicians and a Free bike valet (10 am to 6 pm).
- Relax in the AARP play zone while catching up over vintage board games
- Chat with staff from LACBC and River LA to learn more about the important work they are doing in LA!
Near the hub: Stop by Crafted at the Port of LA – a unique vibrant marketplace selling handmade goods by local artists set in a 1940’s warehouse! East of Pacific on 22nd street!
Getting to the Route & Parking
- LADOT Lot 699 – 529 W 11th St, San Pedro, CA 90731. 200 feet to route. Open air lot.
- LADOT Lot 641 – 462 W 9th St, San Pedro, CA 90731. 200 feet to route. Open air lot.
- LADOT Lot 647 – 474 W 8th St, San Pedro, CA 90731. 175 feet to route. Open air lot.
- LADOT Lot 684 – 460 W 7th St, San Pedro, CA 90731. 375 feet to route. Open air lot.
- LADOT Lot 766 – 528 W 7th St, San Pedro, CA 90731. 200 feet to route. Open air lot.
- LADOT Lot 735 – 396 W 6th St, San Pedro, CA 90731. 1 block to route. Open air lot.
- LADOT Lot 683 – 445 W 5th St, San Pedro, CA 90731. 375 feet to route. Open air lot.
- Harbor Beacon Park & Ride – 515 N Beacon St, San Pedro, CA 90731. 1 block to route. Open air lot.
- World Cruise Center Parking Lots – 100 Swinford St, San Pedro, CA 90731. 1 block to route. Open air lot.
- Channel Street Park & Ride – 610 W Channel St, San Pedro, CA 90731. 100 feet to route. Open air lot.
- LADOT Lot 696 – 835 Avalon Blvd, Wilmington, CA 90744. 50 feet to route. Open air lot.
- LADOT Lot 650 – 928 Marine Ave, Wilmington, CA 90744. 1 block to route. Open air lot.
Specials Along the Route
Specials, deals, and discounts along on the route on August 13!
Want to add a special for your business? Join the CicLAvia Savings Program!
|Hojas Tea House||1203 N Avalon Blvd. Wilmington, CA 90744||Free samples of iced tea, a jazz band from 1pm-4pm, and a chance to win t-shirts and merchandise at the top of every hour during our event!||310-518-9454|
|Alpha Design||1016 S Pacific Ave. San Pedro, CA 90731||Discount on selected services.||310-831-5407|
|Burrito Factory||1902 S Pacific Ave. San Pedro, CA 90731||$1 bean and cheese burritos.||310-547-9001|
|Synergy Healthcare and Wellness Center||505 S Pacific Ave. Ste 101, San Pedro, CA 90731||$50 per visit when you purchase 10 visits. Includes:
*Massage, personal training, or yoga
*Hydrojet Water Massage
*Free child screening (under 18 yrs old)